AK 47 Audio Playlist


AK 47Akay 47, birth name Emmanuel Mayanja (October 29, 1990 – March 16, 2015) was a Ugandan Dancehall artist, he rose to fame in 2012 with his song “Champion”. He is said to be one of the best dancehall musicians Uganda has ever had. He died on 16 March 2015 in a mysterious death.

Early life and career

Ak 47 was born to Gerald Mayanja, who hails from Busato Mityana but lives in Seguku Kampala, he was a biological brother to famous Ugandan musicians Chameleone, Pallaso and Weasel of Goodlyfe Crew.

Education Background

AK attended Kisubi high school for his secondary education where he completed A Level from.

AK47 started singing in 2008, by then his stage name was Hammatone. His very first song was produced at Studio One and the music video was produced by popular Ugandan DJ Erycom. He started singing in Leone Island group which is managed by his brother Chameleone with his first song Usiende in 2008  however this song did not get enough air play on Ugandan radios and TV, he came to limelight in 2011 when he made a remix of Bayuda with his brother Jose Chameleone. This gave him popularity and much fan base in Uganda. Since then he continued with more other good songs such as Mbeera ya nsi and Champion which topped Ugandan music chats for so long, Kidandali, Kaleba with his brother Chameleone, Musajja watu with King Saha and many others. In 2014 he joined the group Team No Sleep which is managed and owned Jeff Kiwa. In 2012, AK 47 married his wife Maggie Mayanja and they had two children (twins).


AK47 had recorded his latest song Ndi Mulokole, On 16 March, his last day, he went on and posted on his Facebook page saying “Nze Ndi Mulokole Nafuuka Mulokole AK Mulokole Naawe Fuuka Mulokole In God we trust” (I am saved, i received salvation, AK is saved, you also get saved In God we trust) little did he know that it will be his last update to the public. Around 8:00PM, AK 47 went to the bar of his manager Jeff Kiwa, called Denjavu which is found in Kampala, where he started drinking with friends. At around 10:PM, AK 47 was found lying on the floor of the bathrooms bleeding from the nose and with foam in his mouth. It was said that he went unconscious and fainted. He was taken to the nearest clinic for first aid but the clinic was unable to deal with the difficult situation and instead referred him to a bigger hospital. They reached Nsambya Hospital and the doctors found it impossible to cure his complication. He was announced dead five minutes after arriving in the hospital.

They called his brothers Chameleone and Pallaso who arrived in a hurry. They informed the media and at around 11PM news had started circulating all over social media. The nurses prepared his body and took it to the mortuary.

(Visited 35 times, 1 visits today)

About The Author

Related articles


Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

six − 4 =